gtag('config', 'AW-316689010');

Finding The Right Mental Health Care For You

Where you go for help will depend on who has the problem (an adult or child) and the nature of the problem and/or symptoms?

Other suggested resources:

  • Your local health department’s Mental Health Division. These services are state funded and are obligated to first serve individuals who meet "priority population criteria" as defined by the state Mental Health Department. There may be waiting lists and not all individuals may be eligible for services. In some jurisdictions local funding is provided for additional services.

  • Other mental health organizations

  • Family physician

  • Clergyperson

  • Family services agencies, such as Catholic Charities, Family Services, or Jewish Social Services

  • Educational consultants or school counselors